Tuesday night's junior varsity boys basketball contest between Ypsilanti and Adrian was abruptly called off when two spectators entered the arena and attacked a player from Ypsilanti.
Ypsilanti Community High School (YCHS) has made great strides in promoting mental health among its students. In order to help students cope with stress, anxiety, and other mental health issues, the school has implemented a number of programs and initiatives.
As a sign of their dedication to fostering mental health and wellbeing in the community, Ypsilanti Community Schools gave funding for youth mental health programming to community partners.
Ypsilanti Community Schools are providing FREE, top-notch preschool for children ages 3 and 4!
For kids aged three to five, Washtenaw County offers free, top-notch preschool.
To find out if your child qualifies for a FREE Great Start Readiness Program (GSRP) or Head Start preschool programme in Washtenaw County.
Fill out the interest form below or call 1(800) 777-2861.
1. The first step in the admissions procedure is for the parent to complete the online registration form.
This form will provide the school with basic information about the child, such as their name, date of birth, and contact information for the parent.
2. Once the registration form is completed, the school secretary will check for any in-building registrations that may have been submitted.
This is to ensure that all of the necessary information has been received and that there are no duplicates in the system.
3. After the initial review of the registration, the secretary will contact the parent to schedule a meeting to collect any necessary paperwork and complete the application.
This meeting is an opportunity for the parent to ask any questions they may have and to provide additional information about the child.
4. Once the application is completed, the secretary will notify the parent of the start date for the child and will contact the transportation department to arrange for transportation to and from the school.
5. Finally, the registration details will be populated in the school's student management system (PowerSchool) after 24 hours of completion of the registration process.
This will ensure that the child's information is accurate and up-to-date, and that the school is prepared for the child's arrival.
If your child has attended Ypsilanti Community Schools before, you are considered a returning student.
If you are moving back to the area, please reach out to the school where your child will be enrolled for more information.
Once you have spoken with the school, fill out the Registration Gateway and submit the required physical documents. Only after speaking with the school, should returning students use the link provided to update their information.
A Kindergarten Interest Form is available for parents to fill out if they are interested in enrolling their child in kindergarten.
Ypsilanti International Elementary School (Y.I.E.S.)
Admissions Process 2022-23
Eligibility: Age 3 by December 1st
Eligibility: Age 4 by December 1st
Eligibility: Young 5's may be available to students who turn 5 between September 1 and December 1.
Eligibility: Students must be five years old by September 1.
Exceptions to the Kindergarten Enrollment Age
A youngster qualifies if they turn 5 by December 1st if they turn 5 before September 1st. The Kindergarten Waiver Request form must be turned in before the start of the school session.